A recent salary report, ADVANCE for Physical Therapy 2012 Salary Survey, found that gender plays a role in shaping salaries for physical therapists and physical therapy assistants. The survey had 1,521 PTs of which, 1,058 were women and 463 were men, and 457 PTAs of which, 348 were women and 118 were men . The survey found that while the physical therapy field is dominated by women, they make significantly less than their male counterparts.
Physical Therapist Salary Differences
- 16.42% of males made more than $100,000
- 6.81% of females made more than $100,000
- 49.52% of females make less than $75,000
- 34% of males make less than $75,000
Physical Therapy Assistants Salary Differences
- 35.% of males make more than $65,000
- 11.75% of females make more than $65,000
- 31% of women make less than $45,000
- 17% of men make less than $45,000
Our recent blog post, Therapy Jobs Among Best Paying Jobs For Women, mentioned that women still earn an average of 81.6 cents for every dollar men do. The report also found that women are more likely to select a career they find interesting and fulfilling over work that is lucrative.
Ready to start receiving a high salary and great benefits? Search our travel physical therapy jobs now.
Photo courtesy of 401K